Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Interview with Jo of Lost in The Haze

Jo is a very stylish lady with a wonderful blog, Lost in The Haze! She has a love for all things vintage, like me! Often found traipsing around the woods with a milkmaid braid, Jo blogs from a very beautiful place- Christchurch, New Zealand and her photos often show the beautiful natural surroundings. She also is a fan of several lines we are stocking in the store- Vivetta, Family Affairs, Wayward Daughter, and TBA. It was a treat to interview such a sweet and stylish girl for the blog. Jo really embodies what the Audrey Grace girl is all about!







Tell me a little bit about your blog, Lost in The Haze.
Lost in the Haze is set in my pretty little city, Christchurch, in New Zealand. I share beautiful vintage finds – often with pan collars; my favourite! I go on many scenic adventures and love to show off picturesque New Zealand!

What has been your favorite show of the various spring fashion weeks so far?
 My favourite has definitely been Orla Kiely! My absolute favourite piece was the matching jacket and shorts. I can picture wearing it with a boater hat and a pair of dusty blue Swedish hasbeens. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on ebay!

Who are your favorite designers?
I have so many favourites! Some of my current favourites are TBA, Nadinoo, and Dear Creatures.

Where would be your dream place to travel?
It is a complete tie between Egypt and Prague! I was ridiculously obsessed with hieroglyphics as a kid, and even now love to read Tutankhamen conspiracy books! I’d love to be able to see all of the Egyptian gold in person too; it would be so amazing! I’d also love to go to Prague as I’m obsessed with the architecture. I’ve always wanted to buy a Pashley bicycle and cycle through Europe; starting in Prague of course!

What are your favorite Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly movies?
For Audrey it’s definitely the classic Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I have always been completely captivated by her hair in that movie! For Grace it would be To Catch A Thief. I love the chemistry between Grace and Cary Grant!

What could you see yourself buying from Audrey Grace Boutique?
I’d be happy with anything from the Wayward Daughter collection! Anything Cait touches is magic!

Do you have any favorite New Zealand designers?
I love Ruby! They have the most amazing designs, and the boutique always has the most amazing sales! Sadly, the Christchurch earthquake took my closest Ruby Boutique; I’m just happy there is an online store!

What is the future for Lost in The Haze?
I’m really excited that Lost in the Haze is moving more into video! I’m hoping to have at least one video a week. It is sure a wonderful way to show off outfits in detail and also share the pretty locations!

Describe an ideal day for you. 
A perfect day begins with a perfect outfit! I get dressed and go out for a yummy hot chocolate breakfast with my fella. We’d head on a scenic excursion; possibly to my favourite park. I’m slightly obsessive about ducks, so I’d bring along a loaf of bread to feed them at the river. I’d make my way to my favourite vintage store and score some amazing goodies. I’d finish my day off with a twilight bicycle ride followed by a burger and chip dinner, yum!

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from all over! I feel inspired going on excursions and seeing pretty places, looking at my favourite blogs, taking photographs, sewing, sourcing vintage clothing, and going for long runs.

Who is your style icon?
I am influenced by so many stylish people! Edie Sedgwick and Jane Birkin are two major influences (I love the 1960s!) Like many fashion bloggers, I love Alexa Chung’s effortless style. It’s a bit random; but I am also influenced by Vince Noir’s style. He reminds me its fun to be a little ridiculous!

Thank you Jo! (All photos courtesy, www.lostinthehaze.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful images, lovely interview- such a perfect ideal day described! I love the clothes! ♥

    ReplyDelete