Friday, July 27, 2012

Hallo Valerie for Audrey Grace

Last month, the beautiful Valerie from Hallo Valerie did a shoot for the Audrey Grace. If you are not familiar with her blog, be sure to pop over and have a look. Valerie's photography and aesthetic is stunning. She also took some time to answer some interview questions for me, which are posted below. Hope you enjoy the photo shoot and be sure to shop Valerie's looks here


Model: Valerie Enriquez, Styling: Valerie Enriquez and Jaclyn Bethany, Make-up, Hair and Photography: Vanessa Enriquez, Editing: Valerie Enriquez
Location: Balboa Japanese Garden, Los Angeles, California

Dress, Alyssa Nicole for Audrey Grace, sweater and sunglasses Valerie's own, Capelet and Belt, Valerie's own, Marc by Marc Jacobs Bracelet
Asos sweater, Valerie's own, vintage dress from Audrey Grace, Alexandra Grecco headband from Audrey Grace
Asos sweater, Valerie's own, vintage dress from Audrey Grace, Alexandra Grecco headband from Audrey Grace, tights and Topshop shoes Valerie's own, and purse, vintage
Asos sweater, Valerie's own, vintage dress from Audrey Grace, Alexandra Grecco headband from Audrey Grace
Asos sweater, Valerie's own, vintage dress from Audrey Grace, Alexandra Grecco headband from Audrey Grace, purse, Valerie's own 
Dress, Alyssa Nicole for Audrey Grace, sweater and sunglasses Valerie's own

Hello Valerie. Tell me a little bit about yourself- your style, and your blog.
Hello! I'm twenty-four years old and study Graphic Design and Art History on most days. I've also been a photographer for many years, focusing on bands like Phoenix, Sigur Ros, among others (can be linked to: http://cargocollective.com/hallovalerie). Since I was sixteen, my style has always been about locating the perfect dress, with a full skirt and lovely details. On my blog I focus on what inspires me in day-to-day life, with the help of photography, nostalgia, flowers, and delicious food.
What have you been doing today? L.A. has such beautiful weather! Has it been nice today?
I started my day off by eating crepes with berries, lemon curd, and powdered sugar - so I'd say it's been amazing thus far. The weather in Los Angeles is often immaculate, and it's today it's no different!
What do you like about living in L.A.? What are your favorite places to visit and shop?
I was born and raised here, so I am very accustomed to being near the ocean, mountains and plenty of retro diners. I like that you can do almost anything here and that it hardly rains. I created quite an extensive Los Angeles guide (link to:http://hallovalerie.blogspot.com/2012/03/los-angeles-guide.html) on my blog but I'll say that everyone should visit the Huntington Library for sightseeing, Bottega Louie for delicious food, and shop at Playclothes in Burbank for vintage finds. 
Favorite magazines?
I've always preferred novels, but I love collecting Self Service because the typography is luxurious.
Who are your favorite fashion designers?
It depends on the season, but I'd say Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Peter Jensen, Miu Miu and Rachel Comey.
Who is your style icon?
It's a mix between Sofia Coppola for her simplicity and Grace Kelly for her classic attire. 
What could you see yourself buying from the Audrey Grace online store?
Anything that's vintage and feminine. I especially loved the Miss Patina dress that I wore and the heart cut-out dress!
What other blogs/bloggers do you admire?
I tend to appreciate blogs which capture many aspects of a person's life and what inspires them, in a way that's unique to them. My favorite are Le Portillion, Hjartesmil and Siouxie and the Laces.
Tell me about the shoot you did for Audrey Grace. And if you were describing Audrey Grace to a friend, how would you describe it? 
The shoot was completed with the help of my sister Vanessa, so we were quite a small and efficient team! We spent the whole day at a Japanese Garden and wanted to capture some of the retro qualities of the hedges and gardens, to go alongside the dresses. It was a lovely day. I would describe Audrey Grace as being full of unique pieces that look great on everyone.

Dress by Miss Patina, shop it here, Sam Edelman shoes
Dress by Miss Patina, shop it here, Sam Edelman shoes, Valerie's own hair bow, purse Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton
Dress by Miss Patina, shop it here, Sam Edelman shoes, purse Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton

Dress by Miss Patina, shop it here, Sam Edelman shoes, Valerie's own hair bow
Dress, Alyssa Nicole for Audrey Grace, sweater and sunglasses Valerie's own, Capelet and Belt, Valerie's own, Marc by Marc Jacobs Bracelet 
Dress by Valerie Tolosa, shop it here. Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes, Valerie's own purse 
Dress by Valerie Tolosa, shop it here. Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes, Valerie's own purse

6 comments:

  1. great interview! the photos are adorable!

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful photos! valerie is a sweetheart, and so talented too. :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! i have been seeing your blog popping up in all sorts of places on the internet these days! that must feel wonderful :) kami from thebluekazoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photographs are just beautiful. I also very much enjoyed reading the interview. What a dreamy blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely beautiful, so are the clothes! :)

    www.arabellag.com

    ReplyDelete