Friday, October 21, 2011

Interview with Serena Reynolds!

Photography by Serena Reynolds
I just had a fantastic photo shoot with the lovely photographer Serena Reynolds. Serena works as a photo assistant at Teen Vogue. Such a cool job! Serena also works as a freelance photographer and agreed to shoot me for Audrey Grace. The photos will be published online as well as exhibited in store along with some of Serena's other work. I asked Serena few questions in an interview below, accompanied by some of her awesome photos. Enjoy!
Editorial by Serena
Serena Reynolds Photography
Photography by Serena Reynolds
Photography by Serena Reynolds
Serena in the November issue of Teen Vogue

Tell me a little bit about yourself and your photography. 
I am from Manhattan but have lived in many different places growing up. When I was eight I really wanted to be just like Hanson so I started a cover band with my best friend and that was amazing. We were pretty cool but that ended fast. Then when I was fifteen I went to boarding school and that is where I really fell in love with photography. After graduating I went to Parsons School of Design and studied photography which led me to landing the photo assistant job at Teen Vogue. Aside from working at TV I also shoot a bunch and am working on a couple of video projects. What is it like working at Teen VogueTeen Vogue is great, I work with some of the most lovely and talented people. I have always kinda been obsessed with Teen Vogue ever since I was thirteen, so working there is pretty amazing. Also, I have to say the fashion closet is amazing since its filled with tons of polka dot mini dresses, striped trousers and like millions of shoes - what's not to love? Who are your style icons? British Rock Bands, and horseback riders. Who would be your ultimate subject to photograph? Hanson, they are my idols. How would you describe your personal style? I like to dress like a ten year old school boy that maybe is a bit confused and throws on a bow. I love a good blazer, a blouse, a skinny jean and loafers. My closet consists of lots of stripes, and leopard prints. What could you see yourself buying from Audrey Grace? All the Rachel Antonoff outfits. What are your favorite Audrey and Grace films? Funny Face + Rear Window What are your favorite blogs? My blog: http://lespell.tumblr.com/ Who are your favorite designers, photographers, and artists? Designers: Isabel Marant, Miu Miu, Chloe. Photographers: Larry Clark. Film makers: Sofia Coppola + Bernardo Bertolucci. What was your favorite SS12 show? Karen Walker + Valentino What are some favorite places in NYC? Love, Adorned on Elizabeth street is one of my favorite places - they have so many great little things. How do you describe your process in photographing your subjects? Through my work photographs I try to find an intimate connection with my subjects in a private untouched moment. Leisure moments of sensuality raw and filled with innocence. My photographs are definitely driven by femininity and wired together by personal love and mysticism. What is the future like for you? I'm working on a couple video projects, as well as helping my mom with her jewelry line. 

Thanks Serena! Can't wait to share the photos from the shoot with everyone! 





1 comment: