Wednesday, June 1, 2011

KatieEleanor

I am very excited to be working with the talented photographer, Katie Eleanor on an advertising campaign this July. We will be shooting in and around London. The shoot is very much a secret, but look forward to some beautiful images depicting the clothing and accessories that will be available to purchase in Audrey Grace. Below are some examples of her work, and a lovely interview with Katie herself! Also, a full exhibit of Katie's work will be in the shop!











Where are you from and where are you based?
I was born by the sea in Wales, but since I turned six I've been living in Kent and spend most of my life commuting to London.
Can you tell me a little about your photographing process and where you draw your inspiration from?
My main inspiration will forever be imagination itself, the moon, and my thin armed muses (my faeries, who I make lie on rocks and skip in the water); avante garde fashion photography.
Who is your style icon?
I could not say I have one specific icon; most days I like to dress as a folk woman, some days a 50s ice cream parlour, and some days like the queen of flowers.
How long have you been taking pictures?
I started taking pictures in a experimental sense when I was thirteen, I began taking photography seriously at fifteen when I first worked for clients and with an agency.Have you always been interested in fashion?
I think I've been interested in fashion as long as I've been interested in photography, I liked the way the clothes added to the narrative of the image. My favourite clothes will forever be slightly theatrical.  
What kind of girl do you see hanging your photos on her wall? What is her aesthetic?
A girl with an imagination, a story teller, feminine in appearance and theatrical in nature.Who would be the ulitimate celebrity (or even a style icon from the past) that you would love to dress?
I would love to dress, and definitely shoot, with someone young and fresh-faced like Elle Fanning, that would be a dream.Are there any favorite places you like to shop or explore in London?
These days I spend most of my days on Brick Lane or in Camden town, both filled with my favourite second hand stores that I spend many afternoon rummaging through. They are the most homely to me. 
Since the boutique is called "Audrey Grace" what are your favorite Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly films or even specific outfits they have worn?
Audrey Hepburn in
Breakfast At Tiffany's and Grace Kelly in High Society. 
Who are your favorite artists and photographers?
My favourite photographers are Tim Walker and Sarah, in terms of art I like illustration the best and my favourite is Charmaine Olivia
What (music) are you listening to now?
My favourites are Marie Sioux, Cocorosie, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and The Runaways. Like artists, I like musicians with imagination and the ones who make me want to run away after them. I hope I will one day.What can we expect in the future from you?
I wish I could say but I honestly don't know, magical and beautiful things I hope. I will forever be shooting and pushing myself to create things I cannot yet comprehend, I am sure that the real world will drive me to wherever I am intended to go.Who are your favorite fashion designers?
I like Miu Miu and McQueen, but really it's the dress rather than the designer. 
What has been your favorite shoot so far?
It depends on the context, but my 'Candyland', 'Sea-salt', and 'Patchwork' shoots were all incredibly inspiring, creative, and filled with beautiful people.

Thank you, Katie! I look forward to working with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment